We understand that your financial planning requirements are unique
Having worked with doctors and their families for many years we have developed a broad range of services to help you, wherever you are on your career path.
The NHSP scheme is complicated to say the least. Whether you are enrolled in the 1995 or 2015 scheme, or indeed both, we can help to simplify the process and ensure that you have a better understanding of your benefits.
At the start of your career the focus is perhaps on obtaining a mortgage and protecting you and your family against unexpected illness, ability to work and death. The NHS does provide some basic benefits; however, it is sensible to look at enhancing these to ensure you are adequately covered.
During the mid-stage of your career there is generally more of a need to look at perhaps buying a bigger house to accommodate a growing family, saving for retirement, school fees, university costs and maybe even early retirement.
Towards the end of your career the focus will then switch towards pension and retirement planning, generating an income in retirement perhaps in addition to your pensions. Also you might need to start looking at how to pass on your other accumulated wealth to future generations.
How we can help you?
With our extensive experience dealing with the NHS Pension Scheme, we can provide you with a comprehensive review, which will include:
- A projection of your benefits incorporating factors specific to doctors and dentists.
- Ensure that your service history is correct – a critical factor as the pension is, invariably calculated on this.
- Strategies to increase your pension provision either within the NHS or outside, or a combination of the two.
- Strategies for early retirement.
- Retire and return option and how to plan for it.
- Should you be going through a divorce we can offer you invaluable advice with our in-depth knowledge of this specific pension scheme.
- Whether you are employed, self-employed, or both we can advise how this affects your tax position and how best to manage this.